Using this method, kids will be able to make a wonderful paper sheep, which can serve not only as a craft, but as a toy as well. The sheep will become a novelty of the collection of cute paper animals, if the child has one.
For this work you will need the following materials:
- Pink and white cardboard;
- Eyes stickers (you can make white paper circles and use a a black felt pen to draw pupils);
- A red felt pen, a writing pencil, a glue stick, scissors, compasses.
How to make a paper sheep?
The sheep body
Prepare a rectangular piece of white cardboard. It can be of various sizes, depending on dimensions of the sheep you want.
Fold the paper in half to outline the fold.
Open the paper and fold the right and left corners, aligning them along the center fold.
Cut off an unused paper strip at the bottom part.
Open the paper once again and fold it in half. Draw wavy lines along the right narrow edge. Pay attention to the fact that the fold is to the left. In fact, you can do without wavy lines, but they make the paper sheep look much more attractive.
Cut out waves.
When the paper is open, it can be seen that there are waves on the both sides of the paper.
Glue the paper sides together, covering the one side’s triangle with the one located on the opposite side. We used exactly the same way to make a paper squirrel.
Final work stage
The body is complete; now, all you need to do is to prepare the rest parts of the sheep.
- To do this, draw and cut out a round head;
- Two oblong ears;
- A wavy circle to make wool on the forehead. In this version, it is double, but it can make a single one and stick it to the top of the sheep’s head;
- A wavy tail.
Attach all the prepared parts, add purchased or handmade eyes, and draw a snout. That’s all, the paper sheep is ready.
Another excellent option for kids is a sheep made of accordion paper.