Here I introduce two more variants of DIY 2019 symbols. This time we are going to make a funny piglet out of a common toilet paper roll. Here are only two variants of the toy but you can easily come up with many more. You can always try a different take on coloring of the item or on the roll processing method.
DIY Toilet Paper Roll Piglet – Variant #1
- Toilet paper rolls or kitchen paper rolls;
- Pink paper for gluing over the paper roll and pink cardboard for smaller details.
- Cardboard of a slightly different color;
- Button for the future piglet’s snout;
- Googly eyes;
- A graphite pencil, scissors, glue stick, red sketch pen.
Cut a piece of paper in accordance with the length and circle diameter of the paper roll. Use the roll itself for taking necessary measures and do not forget to mark the cutting pattern with a pencil.
Attach the paper to the roll using a glue stick.
Prepare smaller details (use either pink paper or cardboard). We are going to need:
- A thin stripe for a tail;
- Two longer and two shorter limbs;
Attach all the parts of the piglet to the roll using a glue stick. Curl the tail into a ring or a spiral.
That done, our DIY toilet paper roll piglet is ready!
DIY Toilet Paper Roll Piglet – Variant #2
- Paper roll;
- Yellow and black gouache paint (other types of paint, like water color, will also do);
- A brush, water in a non-spill cup;
- White paper for eyes (or you can buy fabricated ones);
- A graphite pencil, scissors, glue stick, black sketch pen.
Paint the roll yellow, put it aside to dry for a little while, and then draw black spots. These steps can be done in advance so that the gouache dries out. If you do not have time to wait, yellow and black paper will do just as well.
Squeeze the sides of the roll.
Cut from the yellow cardboard these elementary parts for the future piglet:
- Two strips for legs;
- Yellow circle for the snout;
- White circles for the eyes.
Glue the parts to the body, add the final touches with a sketch pen and your DIY piglet is ready!
That is how funny yet absolutely easy to make DIY toilet paper roll piglets can be created.