Folding the accordion is a useful and interesting technique for children of all ages. The site already has a lot of different characters made in this way. The difference is only in the heads and sometimes limbs. This review presents a pig made of accordion paper, a great option for crafts, and the symbol of 2019.
For the craft you will need:
- Two-sided color cardboard of the desired color. You can also use colored paper but you need cardboard for the legs to make the piggy stable;
- A graphite pencil, ruler, the scissors, glue stick, black and red markers.
How to Make an Accordion Paper Pig?
Making the accordion body
Cut two long strips, for example, you can draw them and cut them across the entire long side of A4 paper sheet. The width is of 2.5-3 cm.
Connect the strips perpendicular in one of the sides, glue with glue-pencil.
Now put one strip upward over the second one to make them layer in the corner. Then put the second strip on top of the previous one. And do so on until the end of the stripes. As a result of these actions, you will get an accordion in the corner.
Glue the tips and the pig’s body is ready.
- Cut the pig’s head out of paper or cardboard. You can print in pictures, redraw or draw the simple head, a circle with the ears.
- Also cut a small circle or oval separately for the piglet. Or you can glue the button.
- Cut the thinnest strip for a tail.
- Cut 4 rectangular parts for the legs. Do not forget they must be made of cardboard, otherwise the pig’s legs will slide to the sides.
- For the eyes take two white circles, googly eyes, painted and then cut next to the outline eyes (always a win-win, fun option).
- Cut a small strip of cardboard for the neck (optional).
Glue the legs, the pre-rolled into a ring tail, neck, or just a mount holding the head (or you can glue it right to the body) to the body.
Glue the eyes on the head, piglet, draw a smile. Attach the head to the neck; it may be slightly on the side. That’s all, the accordion paper pig is finished.