You can make anything you like of toilet paper rolls. It can be all kinds of applique works, useful, decorative elements, fairytale characters, birds, and animals.
A tiger made of toilet paper roll looks amusing and vivid, just like all other crafts of this material. Moreover, it’s easy and fast to make it.
What will you need?
- Toilet paper roll or a half of paper towels roll;
- Orange cardboard and paper. You can use the cardboard of this color only, but it’s more difficult to cover the roll with it. For the rest orange parts of the tiger, you will need cardboard only;
- White paper and a bit of black cardboard;
- A black felt pen, a glue stick, PVA glue, scissors, a ruler, a writing pencil.
Toilet Paper Roll Tiger Step by Step
Measure a necessary length of orange paper by putting the roll to it.
Cover the roll with the paper. Be sure to apply glue not only onto the paper ends, but on the roll as well, so that to prevent the roll from slipping out of the paper later.
Draw and cut small parts of the tiger out. There are lots of them, but it’s very easy to craft them. Moreover, it’s not necessary to be too accurate; all the parts can vary in shape and size. Prepare:
- Orange cardboard ears and their inner part made of white paper;
- A tail, fore and hind paws of orange cardboard;
- Make of white paper – eyes, two ovals for the snout, and one largest oval for the belly.
- A black cardboard nose and whiskers made of the thinnest strips.
Glue the ears’ white and orange parts together. Then, make cuts in the opposite sides of the roll upper part and insert the ears into the cuts. You don’t need to cut too deep to prevent the ears from sinking there.
Glue the eyes, snout, nose, and belly.
Use a black felt pen to draw the tiger’s stripes and eyes; attach the whiskers. It was a bit difficult to stick the whiskers, especially with a glue stick. But then I took PVA glue, dropped a little on a piece of paper, plunged the whisker tip in it, and attached it to the snout. I slightly pressed it and the whisker got perfectly stuck. Children can draw whiskers or cut out thicker strips.
The toilet paper roll tiger is almost complete; all you need to do is to stick its limbs and tail. Fold a 3-4 mm long paw tip, apply glue to the folded area, stick the fore paws and then the hind ones in the same way. Draw black stripes on the tail, slightly curl it with a pencil and stick to the back of the animal.
That’s all; the predatory cat character is ready. Not predatory, but a common cat of a toilet paper roll is here.
The tiger with a hedgehog made of a toilet paper roll.
Also see how to make a Toilet Paper Roll Wolf.