Even the youngest children can make heart crafts. Check out the most interesting and simple ideas on how to create animals, birds, insects, and plants from hearts.
To work you will need:
- Colored paper;
- A simple pencil, scissors, glue stick;
- Optionally, moving eyes, but they can also be drawn or cut out of paper.
Heart Crafts for Kids — 15 Easy Ideas
If you have a special shaped paper composter that you can use to make hearts, this will greatly simplify the task. On the other hand, it is useful for children to work with scissors, and hearts often need a variety of shapes and sizes. Therefore, the most ideal option for creating hearts is the following.
How to make a heart out of paper?
Depending on the desired size of the heart, prepare rectangular paper.
Fold it in half.
From the fold side, draw half a heart.
Cut along the contour and you will get an even and beautiful heart.
This way you can select not only the desired size, but also the shape. After all, when creating different characters, you may need a round or elongated heart, very small or large. Now that we’ve learned how to make hearts, let’s start reviewing photo ideas.
Heart Dog Craft
Cut out the following parts from colored paper:
- 3 hearts of the same size for the body and head;
- 2 oblong hearts — for the ears;
- 3 small ones for tongue, nose and tail.
Glue as shown in the photo, if desired, one heart can be cut in half and use this half for the back of the dog. Glue or draw eyes.
Heart Caterpillar Craft
Since these crafts are dedicated to Valentine’s Day, the caterpillar is presented in pink and red tones. It requires:
- 6 or slightly more hearts of the same size for the body;
- 2 small hearts that will be on the tips of the antennae.
Glue 5 hearts slightly overlapping each other to create a long caterpillar body, and then add a heart-head in front.
Draw lots of legs, antennae and a smile with a black marker. Finish creating the caterpillar by gluing eyes and small hearts to the ends of the whiskers.
Heart Butterfly Craft
The caterpillar will subsequently turn into a butterfly, so the next craft will even be in the same shades as the previous one. For the butterfly you will need more hearts. Although it is not necessary, because you can make a butterfly from hearts even from 3 components. This craft uses:
- 2 large hearts for wings;
- 6 identical hearts for the body and wing decoration;
- 2 small ones again for the wings and 2 even smaller ones for the mustache.
Glue hearts to create wings and add a body and head. Draw a smile and mustache, complete your masterpiece with eyes and small hearts on the tips of the mustache.
Heart Crafts – Cat
Very simple work with a minimum of effort and time. Cut out from paper:
- 3 identical hearts, cut one of them in half;
- 2 small ones for ears;
- And one more small one — for the nose;
- The tail and mustache are also important. The latter, like the eyes, can be drawn.
Glue all the parts and you will have a funny cat.
Heart Mouse Craft
Almost all animals have one set of hearts for the body and head. The difference is in additional details and features of the location of the head. Cut out from paper:
- 3 identical hearts, cut one of them in half;
- Thin tail;
- Thin strips for mustache.
Glue two hearts to make a body, the cut ones will serve as ears. Complete the mouse with a paper tail and mustache, as well as a drawn-on nose and eyes.
Heart Owl Craft
An owl can be made in different ways, but this one is the simplest. After all, all you need is:
- Prepare one large heart, which will be the body;
- Cut out a few small ones for the eyes, ears, beak, wings and paws.
Glue all the components of the owl as shown in the photo.
Heart Lion Craft
The lion’s body consists, like the other animals presented, of two whole and one half hearts. Therefore, there are no particular difficulties here. But the main thing is to create the lion’s head, since it consists of many small hearts. In this regard, prepare:
- 3 identical hearts, cut one;
- 8 smaller ones to stick around the head. But you may have a different quantity, since it all depends on the size of the head itself;
- Small hearts for the nose, ears and tail;
- Also cut a strip of paper to make the tail.
First glue the body, then the hearts around the head, and then the head itself on top. Complete the lion craft with ears, tail, eyes, nose. And don’t forget to draw a muzzle that smoothly turns into a smile.
Heart Crafts – Crab
Very easy craft, children can handle it quickly and easily. To do this they should:
- Cut out one large red heart from paper;
- 2 red hearts for claws;
- 2 pink or white — for eyes;
- 10 thin strips, also made of red colored paper.
Glue the strips onto the heart, as in the photo, and the strips that are intended for the paws should first be folded into an accordion. Finally, draw eyes and a smile with a marker. By the way, the crab can be used as a craft, if after gluing all the parts you do not glue it onto the base cardboard.
Heart Bunny Craft
Craft for kids. They can prepare in advance:
- 3 larger identical hearts;
- 3 very small ones.
Two hearts are used as a whole, and one needs to be cut in half and made into ears. Small details form the nose, tongue and tail of the bunny. And you definitely need to draw and glue the eyes.
Heart Elephant Craft
Creating an elephant is the same as creating other animals from hearts. The only significant difference is that the heart-head smoothly turns into the trunk. But it’s not at all difficult to draw, you just need to circle the heart on a piece of paper and lengthen its lower part.
After collecting all the parts: for the body, head, tail and ears, they are glued according to the provided photo example.
Heart Pig Craft
The pig turns out to be very cute and funny. And the main thing is that it is very easy to make. Cut:
- 1 large heart for the body;
- 1 smaller one for the head;
- Small hearts, slightly different in size and shape for the ears, tail, legs, muzzle and tongue.
After all the parts are attached to the appropriate places, do not forget to glue the eyes of the pig and draw the nostrils.
Heart Ladybug Craft
An ideal craft and craft for preschool children. The main task will be:
- Cut out a big red heart;
- A smaller heart made of black paper for the head;
- Little black hearts that will act as ladybug dots. Their number depends on the size of the insect, the preferences and age of the children.
All the black hearts need to be glued onto the red one, eyes should be added and a longitudinal stripe should be drawn.
Heart Fish Craft
You can fill an aquarium with such bright fish, for example, when creating an craft of an aquarium with fish. It’s simple and quick, cut:
- 1 heart is the biggest;
- A little smaller for the tail;
- 3 small ones for fins and lips.
Glue it as in the photo and add eyes.
Heart Tree Craft
The craft of a paper tree with hearts is already presented on the site, but now the tree will be used as an craft with design elements. To do this, you need to draw a rounded crown with branches and a trunk, cut out many hearts of different shapes, sizes and colors, and stick them on the crown. You will get such a beautiful and bright tree.
Heart Hedgehog Craft
The motive is the same as in the tree idea. The heart crafts consists of a pattern and identical hearts in two shades. First, children can cut out hearts, then draw a face and a simple body of a hedgehog, onto which they then need to stick hearts.
See how to make other Valentine’s Day Cards.
There are many ideas on this topic in the collection — Valentine’s Day Crafts.